John 14:12

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12 (niv)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quotes to Inspire

Hello Grace!

In just three and a half weeks we will be experiencing Eyes to See Even Greater Things, our 2012 Missions Conference.  As we anticipate that time, and think of all the details that are going into its preparation, it is easy to get sidetracked at times.  I hope these quotes from some great missions pioneers of old will inspire you and me both. 

"Before leaving for India, someone said to [William] Carey, 'There is a gold mine in India, but it seems as deep as the centre of the earth; who will go down and explore it for us?'  Carey replied, 'I will go, but remember you must hold the ropes."   -Archibald McLean

"If, like David, I am only an instrument of gathering materials, and another shall build the house, I trust my joy will be none the less."  -William Carey

"We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first."  - Oswald J. Smith

"If ten men are carrying a log -- nine of them on the little end and one at the heavy end -- and you want to help, which end will you lift on?  - William Borden, reflecting on the numbers of Christian workers in the US as compared to the unreached peoples of China

"We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God."  - John Stott

"...if God has called you to China or any other place and you are sure in your own heart, let nothing deter you... remember it is GOD who has called you and it is the same as when He called Moses or Samuel."  "I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China, I don't know who it was.  It must have been a man, well-educated man.  I don't know what happened.  Perhaps he died.  Perhaps he wasn't willing, and God looked down and saw Gladys Aylward and God said - 'Well, she's willing.' "    - Gladys Aylward

No comments:

Post a Comment